James Ray, the self-help guru who led a sweat-lodge ritual that killed three people last October, was arrested today after a grand jury indicted him on three counts of manslaughter. Before the incident Ray was an Oprah-endorsed best-selling author who drew large crowds to his spiritual retreats. Now he's headed to an Arizona jail where his bond has been set at $5 million. A couple weeks ago Ray defended his actions and asserted his innocence in an interview with New York, his first since the tragedy in Sedona.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 8. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 9. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner