Vice-President Joe Biden stopped by MSNBC this afternoon to chat about important domestic and foreign-policy issues with Andrea Mitchell, but he was disappointingly less gaffe-tastic than we'd hoped. Nevertheless, we were delighted by Biden's answer about his pick for Best Picture Oscar, Avatar. "I think one of the odds on favorites ... is um, is uh, this uh, this, this, this new program that I looked at and wished I was seeing it in 3-D, and you sit there and you watch this science-fiction thing unfold in front of you," he said, with adorable wonder and excitement. "The magic of it is kind of overwhelming." See, the great thing about Avatar is that it is available in 3-D. We know Amtrak Joe is no millionaire, but surely he could have scrounged up the extra few bucks for the full experience. Then again, if 2-D was overwhelming, maybe he made the right call.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!