Lufthansa, one of the world's largest airlines, confirmed that 4,000 of its pilots launched a four-day strike starting at midnight Sunday night in Europe. The strike, organized by the Cockpit Union, is expected to last through Thursday and will have a “heavy influence” on the airline’s international operations, already resulting in the cancellation of two-thirds of its scheduled flights Monday through Thursday. The pilots are looking for increased job and pay security after negotiations over the weekend failed. [CNN]
Photo: Thomas Lohnes/DDP
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!