Harold Ford Jr. appeared on the Re-Pour last night in search of the Colbert bump. He got grilled instead. First, Stephen Colbert accused Ford of flip-flopping on abortion, a charge that the former Congressman flatly denied. "I've never not been pro-choice," he said. Then Colbert accused Ford of flip-flopping on gay marriage, a charge that Ford completely accepted. "Over the last few years, I've come to a different opinion and I'm for marriage equality," he said. Unfortunately, Ford chose not to answer Colbert's question about his love of helicopters. Instead he rambled on about how much he loves the police and Sully, or something. It was just the kind of evasive, meaningless answer that makes you think this guy has a real future in politics.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]