Mayor Bloomberg and Transportation Commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan announced earlier today that the Broadway pedestrian plaza experiment they instituted last year has been a wild success and will continue in perpetuity, with "new paving and permanent seating" on the way. According to their statistics, traffic has moved faster, fewer people have been hit by cars, and more people have been walking around in Times Square which is good because, seriously, that place was a ghost town. [Mayor's Office]
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!