Senator Richard Shelby got a good laugh out of Paul Volcker saying that a minute ago during the Senate Banking Committee's otherwise painfully dry hearing this afternoon. He would know, filthy old bugger. Also, Volcker has now said "I've been around a while" so many times that it is actually weird. It's like he's trying to say, "Please, pass this before I die. It's on my bucket list." [FBN (live feed), DealBook/NYT (prepared testimony)] Update: Apparently, Volcker reads this guy's blog.
Photo: U.S Supreme Court
- 1. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 2. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 6. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 9. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special