Just when you thought that New York Representative Anthony Weiner couldn't get any more amped up, some health-care reform opponent goes and sends him an envelope full of white powder. The substance was accompanied by a letter threatening Weiner over his support of the recent Obama reform bill that was signed into law this week. Delivered to Weiner's Kew Gardens office in Queens, the letter is now being investigated by the NYPD, and thirteen of his staffers are now going through a decontamination process (though they all appear to be fine). Weiner is one of ten members of Congress to receive threats related to the health-care vote, although he appears to be the only one so far to be called a "Schlomo" in one of them.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 3. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 4. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 5. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 6. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves
- 7. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 8. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 9. Cannes Weekend: Jennifer Lawrence’s Grand Entrance