Just when you thought that New York Representative Anthony Weiner couldn't get any more amped up, some health-care reform opponent goes and sends him an envelope full of white powder. The substance was accompanied by a letter threatening Weiner over his support of the recent Obama reform bill that was signed into law this week. Delivered to Weiner's Kew Gardens office in Queens, the letter is now being investigated by the NYPD, and thirteen of his staffers are now going through a decontamination process (though they all appear to be fine). Weiner is one of ten members of Congress to receive threats related to the health-care vote, although he appears to be the only one so far to be called a "Schlomo" in one of them.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]