Initial reports that a high-school-aged girl was involved in this afternoon's subway accident have changed, but not before parents and teachers at local Wagner Junior High School feverishly located the students. The victim was a 48-year-old woman, who climbed onto the tracks at 77th Street to retrieve a black nylon LeSportsac shoulder bag. Passengers on the platform encouraged her to lie down between the tracks as the northbound 6 train approached, but instead she attempted to scramble back onto the platform. When she didn’t have time, she seemed to press herself against the side of the platform, where there is a gap of only a few inches. The train’s emergency brake was engaged before the collision.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgove Does a Jig
- 4. East Williamsburg, Queens? Ridgewood, Brooklyn? WiRi?
- 5. Hofstra Student Killed by Police Bullet During Long Island Home Invasion
- 6. I Tried Gwyneth Paltrow’s Diet
- 7. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 8. Seitz: Look Past the Dragons in Game of Thrones
- 9. New York City Real Estate - Summer Rentals