We don't really know how "rock star" became a common descriptor for investment managers who are great at making money. While there are doubtless some things moneymen and musicians have in common (hookers, blow, lunacy), they're really very different. Investors described as "rock stars" are usually nerdy dudes who wear suits and are good at math, not long-haired guys who stand onstage wearing leather pants and belting out power ballads. At least, not until now. Warren Buffett, the Oracle of Omaha, has gone ahead and taken skillz he honed as a member of the Fruit of the Loom band professional in a new Geico commercial.
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode