After several months of relative silence, the birthers are back, baby, and they mean business. The State House in Arizona has approved a bill that would require President Obama to show his birth certificate if he plans to run for reelection in the state; the proposal passed by a 31–29 margin and now will move on to the State Senate. According to a recent New York Times/CBS News poll, only 58 percent of Americans said they were convinced Obama was born in the U.S. Despite the fact that a scanned image of his birth certificate was released in 2008, 20 percent of the poll’s respondents still believe the president was born in another country. [NYT via Gawker]
Photo: Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 8. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 9. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner