The city took over control of Governors Island from the state today as new plans were announced to turn the island into a giant park and a tourist attraction. Already, the city has $41.5 million committed to the project, just enough to get rid of the smoke monster that lives out there. [NYT]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?