Just when Virginia governor Bob McDonnell was ready to move on from not mentioning slavery in a proclamation in honor of Confederate History Month, his friend Haley Barbour has come to his defense and made things worse. On CNN this morning, the Mississippi governor said people already know that slavery was bad and that complaints about McDonnell's proclamation amounted to making "a big deal out of something that doesn't amount to diddly." Thank your friend, Bob McDonnell. This story's not going away. [WP]
Photo: TIM SLOAN/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!