World-famous celebrity unauthorized biographer Kitty Kelley is messing with Oprah's family, it sounds like. For her new book Oprah, first, she got Vernon Winfrey, the man who raised Oprah like a daughter, to issue some nasty-sounding quotes about the talk-show host. ("She may be admired by the world, but I know the truth," he said. "So does God and so does Oprah. Two of us remain ashamed." We have no idea what that means but it certainly doesn't sound nice.) Then, she found out who Oprah's actual dad is, a mystery the talk-show host has been chasing her whole life. But she's not telling who it is. Instead, she's just telling the media she knows who it is and thoughtfully waiting for someone in Oprah's family to finally break down and tell her, all the while reaping the publicity that comes with knowing secrets about incredibly famous people.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 6. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 7. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck
- 8. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails
- 9. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update