World-famous celebrity unauthorized biographer Kitty Kelley is messing with Oprah's family, it sounds like. For her new book Oprah, first, she got Vernon Winfrey, the man who raised Oprah like a daughter, to issue some nasty-sounding quotes about the talk-show host. ("She may be admired by the world, but I know the truth," he said. "So does God and so does Oprah. Two of us remain ashamed." We have no idea what that means but it certainly doesn't sound nice.) Then, she found out who Oprah's actual dad is, a mystery the talk-show host has been chasing her whole life. But she's not telling who it is. Instead, she's just telling the media she knows who it is and thoughtfully waiting for someone in Oprah's family to finally break down and tell her, all the while reaping the publicity that comes with knowing secrets about incredibly famous people.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!