Cameron Douglas, Michael Douglas’s son, will be heading to prison for five years, despite the best efforts of his famous father, who wrote a handwritten note to the judge asking for leniency and claiming his son is sober now. Cameron, 31, was arrested in June 2009 on charges of conspiring to distribute meth and cocaine, and could have faced up to ten years in jail. When announcing the ruling in Manhattan Federal Court today, federal judge Richard Berman said that many of the letters he received portrayed Cameron as a victim: “Get over that idea,” he said. [NYDN]
Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring