Anti-abortion activist Scott Roeder was handed down a minimum mandatory life sentence, without the possibility of parole for at least 50 years, for the murder of George Tiller, a late-term abortion provider in Wichita, Kansas. Tiller was one of the few doctors in the U.S. providing abortions to fetuses past twenty weeks of gestation. Roeder, 52, admitted to stalking Tiller for a few months before the shooting, which took place as the doctor attended Sunday church services, and Roeder told the court that “he had to kill [him] to save unborn babies.” [Reuters]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?