The United States consulate in Peshawar, in northern Pakistan, was attacked with car bombs and grenades on Monday, leaving three people dead. The attack by Islamist militants dressed in security uniforms was an attempt to blow their way inside the heavily fortified compound using rocket-propelled explosive devices and car bombs. They did not succeed in entering the complex. None of the three victims of the attack were American, according to reports. It did not immediately appear to be related to a suicide attack in nearby Lower Dir, which killed 41 people and left many more wounded.
- 1. Seitz on James Gandolfini, 1961-2013: A Great Actor, A Better Man
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. Sopranos Star James Gandolfini Dead at 51 [Update]
- 4. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 5. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 6. Tom Ford to Launch Makeup for Dudes
- 7. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper
- 8. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 9. Palace Describes Kate Middleton’s Birth Plan in Great Detail