The city had braced for riots, looting, and violence, but yesterday's demonstration in the financial district — organized by the AFL-CIO union and the National People's Action group — was actually kind of fun and festive! The 10,000 or so people who showed up to chant a fairly mild rebuke ("Wall Street, fix the mess that you made!") acted more like particpiants in parade or a pageant than an unruly mob. There were even floats and costumes! Here's a slideshow of some of our favorite images.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]