In an interview on MSNBC earlier this afternoon, embattled senator Arlen Specter told host Andrea Mitchell, "When you talk about [congressman Joe] Sestak being more vigorous, you must be smoking dutch cleanser." A frantic Google search tells us that "dutch cleanser" is a "pumice-based" household cleanser which, apparently, was smoked for pleasure at some point in American history. Or currently. We don't know. We do know that Specter has used the phrase before in reference to former attorney general Alberto Gonzales. And besides that, a Nexis search only points us to two other uses of the phrase both, interestingly enough, by football coaches between fourteen and eighteen years ago.
Photo: William Thomas Cain/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 7. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 8. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 9. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves