It took two whole days for Funny or Die to spoof the amazing campaign ad of Dale Peterson, American hero and candidate for agriculture commissioner in Alabama. (God, we love that the Internet exists. Can you imagine how tragic it would have been if this ad came out in 1994 and nobody knew about it except for some people in Alabama who didn't even find it funny? Anyway.) Obviously this is some low-hanging fruit, and the original ad is already so ridiculous that it almost doesn't even need to be spoofed, but we're not complaining. Couldn't you picture an entire movie like this, starring Danny McBride as Peterson and Will Ferrell as his campaign manager, which ends up being only so-so overall but is periodically hilarious?
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update
- 8. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck