"[F]rom flotus: 'here at dinner this is officially my first Tweet. i am looking forward to some good laughs from the potus and jay'" —First Lady Michelle Obama’s first tweet, sent from CNN reporter Ed Henry’s iPhone at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner Saturday night. Obama waited to get clearance from both White House press secretary Robert Gibbs and the president before she agreed to go ahead with it. Henry says when he handed Obama the iPhone she asked "How do you type on this?" [CNN]
Photo: Manuel Balce Ceneta/AP
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!