The stock market is as nervous as a Victorian hysteric. Anything can set it off! Today, the Dow plunged under 10,000 as investors fretted over Europe, tensions between North Korea and South Korea, and even the sheer freakishness of the fact that the global economy seems to be growing and functioning, even though it has been largely acknowledged that the entire thing is made up entirely of copious amounts of smoke and very large mirrors. "What we have going on here is a growth scare," Mark Stern, chief investment officer at Bessemer Investment Management, told the Journal. Someone get the market its smelling salts!
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability