Last night when Jay McInerney invited the old gang over to his Greenwich Village penthouse for a soirée to celebrate The Carrie Diaries, Candace Bushnell's new novel about Carrie Bradshaw's life as a teenager, we asked McInerney if he kept in touch with another blonde who kisses and tells: Rielle Hunter, a friend of McInerney's from the early eighties, whom he immortalized in his novel, Story of My Life. "Yeah, I still talk to her," McInerney said, adding that he hasn't spoken with Hunter since her Oprah appearance. But: "She called me the morning after she slept with Edwards," he said. "She said, 'You'll never believe who I slept with.'" Wait, really? She just came right out and told him what was supposed to be a huge secret? "Well, she didn't tell me at first," he said. "I kind of bugged her. She was like, 'I met this amazing guy, we're so in love, he's the love of my life,' whatever. She did believe that."
Photo: Andrew H. Walker / Getty
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 3. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 4. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 5. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 6. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves
- 7. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 8. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 9. Cannes Weekend: Jennifer Lawrence’s Grand Entrance