A Staten Island Ferry crashed into the St. George Terminal in Staten Island just after 9 a.m. this morning, injuring 60 people, according to police officials. “I felt this big boom, the whole building was trembling,” said one witness. According to the Times, emergency crews are on the scene treating the injured. Bizarrely, this is the same ferry, the Andrew J. Barberi, that was involved in the 2003 crash that killed eleven people. [NYP, City Room/NYT]
Photo: DON EMMERT/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 8. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig