Steve Rattner, the former Quadrangle Group executive and car czar, was seen breaking bread with Newsweek editor Jon Meacham at Michael's yesterday afternoon, inevitably leading to speculation that he might be thinking about buying the troubled magazine. A guy being investigated by Andrew Cuomo and the SEC for paying kickbacks to former state comptroller Alan Hevesi may not be the ideal face for the magazine, but a Newsweek purchase would certainly be a nice career segue for Rattner. Meanwhile, Thomson Reuters and Politico owner Allbritton Communications are also reportedly showing some interest. [WWD, NYO]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?