More than 80 Queens elementary-school students were sent to the hospital Tuesday after they got sick from drinking contaminated water, according to authorities. The children, students at Public School 20 in Flushing, complained of their stomachs hurting after sipping from water fountains in a new wing at the school. Students also noticed that the water in the school's toilets and fountains was pink. Officials said the contamination was caused by a chemical (propylene glycol) accidentally dumped into the school’s water supply by a worker who was fixing the school’s air-conditioning system. Thankfully, all of the children are expected to make full recoveries.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck