Dean, an entrepreneur famous for his eponymous sausage brand, also a Hall of Fame country-music singer, died Sunday. Dean — who first gained fame for his 1961 country hit “Big Bad John” — eventually became better known for his sausage business, which he started in 1969 and sold to Sara Lee in 1984, though he stayed on as spokesman of the company until 2003. Dean's company was responsible for many breakfast-meat "innovations," such as the marvelous "Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick."
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck