Chuck Schumer, who has gotten pretty protective of Israel as of late, is now calling on the State Department to investigate whether the Turkish group who funded the flotilla attempting to break Israel’s Gaza blockade is connected to Al Qaeda. The senator said he is sending a letter to Hillary Clinton requesting the department look into reports that the organization — Insani Yardim Vakfi — has ties to terror groups. “The American people and the world deserve the full story,” he told reporters. What about the U.N.'s international investigation, currently in preliminary stages, into the raid? "I have very little faith in the United Nations doing an investigation," Schumer dismissed.
Photo: Alex Wong/Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper