Minnesota senator Amy Klobuchar saw a midnight showing of the new Twilight movie last night, and this morning during the confirmation hearing of Elena Kagan, she used the experience as a setup for a joke about a rivalry between two of the characters, a rivalry of which probably three people in the room were aware. "I have this urge to ask you about the famous case of Edwards versus Jacob," Klobuchar cracks. "I wish you wouldn't," Kagan replies. Seriously, lady, stop wasting my time, this hearing is already eight hours long.
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 7. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 8. Oklahoma Woman Has to Leave State Now, Forever, Thanks to Wolf Blitzer
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig