"I'm just a little taken aback by the tone of your remarks because it's unconnected to reality. I know what happened at Harvard, I know you were an outspoken leader against the military policy, I know you acted without legal authority to reverse Harvard's policy and deny those military equal access to campus until you were threatened by the U.S. government of loss of federal funds. This is what happened." —Ranking Republican Judiciary Committee member Jeff Sessions to Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan after Kagan said the military had "excellent access" to students at Harvard Law School.
Photo: Paul J. Richards/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. East Williamsburg, Queens? Ridgewood, Brooklyn? WiRi?
- 5. Hofstra Student Killed by Police Bullet During Long Island Home Invasion
- 6. I Tried Gwyneth Paltrow’s Diet
- 7. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 8. Seitz: Look Past the Dragons in Game of Thrones
- 9. New York City Real Estate - Summer Rentals