Frequent Supreme Court swing vote Anthony Kennedy, 73, reportedly doesn't plan on retiring from the bench for at least three more years, at least until the end of President Obama's first term. If Obama loses, his Republican successor would have the opportunity to reshape the ideological bent of the court in ways Obama's two appointments never could. And if Obama wins, who knows, maybe Kennedy will decide he can last another four years. When you're one of the most influential people in the country, getting more time to read and watch golf just doesn't have the same appeal.
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...
- 6. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 7. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 8. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 9. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: November 2013