By now you've seen Democratic congressman Anthony Weiner's diatribe against Republican congressman Peter King, who, despite sponsoring a bill to pay for health care for 9/11 responders, allegedly didn't do enough to whip up support among his Republican colleagues and provided them cover by blaming the Democrats for using a divisive procedural measure. Today the two New York congressmen met face-to-face on Fox News well, Weiner did that thing where you argue with someone without ever looking at them to bicker about who's to blame for the legislation's failure: the Democrats, whose decision to deny the GOP an opportunity to propose amendments also required the bill to get two-thirds support instead of the usual majority, or the Republicans, who basically decided to vote against the bill out of spite. Lordy Lord. As Fox News host Bill Hemmer said at the end, "Gentlemen, this may be why Congress today has an 11 percent approval rating by the American public."
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]