CNN’s Campbell Brown did not hold back Tuesday night in her criticism of the NAACP’s response to the Shirley Sherrod video controversy. Brown told NAACP vice-president Hilary Shelton that the organization “allowed [itself] to be snookered” by Andrew Breitbart and other conservatives who jumped on the initial video clip of Sherrod’s speech. (After initially denouncing the speech, the NAACP has since changed its stance.) "You’re the ones to blame here because you had the tape in your possession and you could have easily watched it and known the full context of her remarks," she says.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]