CNN’s Campbell Brown did not hold back Tuesday night in her criticism of the NAACP’s response to the Shirley Sherrod video controversy. Brown told NAACP vice-president Hilary Shelton that the organization “allowed [itself] to be snookered” by Andrew Breitbart and other conservatives who jumped on the initial video clip of Sherrod’s speech. (After initially denouncing the speech, the NAACP has since changed its stance.) "You’re the ones to blame here because you had the tape in your possession and you could have easily watched it and known the full context of her remarks," she says.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 3. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 6. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. What Porn Means to Us: Twenty Couples on Tentacles, Baywatch, and the Skin Flicks They Share, Fear, and Imitate
- 9. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire