Roman Catholic priest Kevin Gray's Sacred Heart parishioners thought he was a good, celibate priest who happened to be struggling with cancer, which maybe explained his occasional absences from the congregation. In reality he was an embezzler who would regularly take lavish trips to Manhattan on the Church's dime, spending $200,000 on expensive restaurants, staying in posh Madison Avenue hotels, and shopping at stores like Armani. In total he embezzled $1.3 million from his congregation. And here's the predictable part: He never had cancer, and he also spent the money on male escorts! It just fits that old stereotype: Catholic priests just have a tendency to secretly be cancer-free.
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 7. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 8. Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Has to Leave State Now, Forever, Thanks to Wolf Blitzer
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig