On the website of CBS 2 News, there is a poll that asks, "What's better: Sweltering heat or blistering cold?" At the moment, people prefer blistering cold 63 percent to 37 percent. Is that only because, after days of sweating and sticking to things we don't normally stick to, we can't imagine that being really cold could possibly be as uncomfortable? If the poll was taken in mid-January, would the results be reversed? Try to overcome your current heat-wave-influenced mindset and consider the same question: "What's better: Sweltering heat or blistering cold?"
Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 4. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!