Queen Elizabeth II will bolster the Special Relationship with a five-hour stay in New York today, a stopover tacked on at the end of a nine-day visit to Canada, so bully for you, Canada. After speaking at the United Nations, the Queen will get a tour of ground zero from Governor Paterson and New Jersey governor Chris Christie. Then she'll stop by a memorial to British victims of 9/11, where she will meet with some of their relatives. After that, she's back to Britain to read more about Anna Chapman's possible attempts to have a sex marathon with Prince Harry and Prince William. Interestingly, despite the brevity of the city trip, the Queen hasn't been to New York since the bicentennial celebration in 1976, which actually seems like a humiliating and cruel time to visit.
Photo: Geoff Robins/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!