As if coming back from a three-day weekend spent lounging on the beach or, uh, watching Breaking Bad DVDs in air conditioning wasn’t rough enough, those returning to New York City Monday are in for some “historic” heat. The Weather Service has issued an "excessive heat advisory" for several Northeastern cities, including New York City, lasting through 6 p.m. Tuesday. The service warned of the potential of “a dangerous situation” as the humidity increases. And, as unbearable as today seemed, Tuesday is meant to be even worse, with highs in the 100 to 102 degree range and heat-index values up to 106.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!