MSNBC correspondent Luke Russert decided to ask the Harlem Democrat - who received some not-so-hot news Thursday - the completely fair question of if he feared he might lose his job. Rangel immediately responds with "Are you just trying to make copy?" and then goes on to call the question "dumb" and rationalize, "Well you're young, I guess you do need to make a name for yourself." He then broadens his target from reporter to network: "It doesn't really sound like NBC asking these dumb questions... It just shows what has really happened to a channel that did have some respect." Of course, spending all this time picking on Russert allows Rangel to avoid even coming close to actually answering his question.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 6. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. QuizUp Is the Fastest-Growing iPhone Game in History: Here Are Its Creator’s Secrets