We thought it was going to be something that we had to live with forever, like Rickets or Cameron Diaz as the lead in romantic comedies. But apparently, the cap that BP placed on the well earlier today actually seems to be ...working, and oil is no longer gushing into the Gulf. But don't get ahead of yourself, thinking that the pollution might be contained and certain species of marine life will continue to exist and fisherman will get their livelihoods back and human life on Planet Earth might survive this whole episode yet. “I am very excited that there’s no oil in the Gulf of Mexico,” Kent Wells, a senior vice-president for BP said in a teleconference on Thursday, “but we just started the test and I don’t want to create a false sense of excitement.” [Lede/NYT]
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!