In yet another Times feature on Chelsea Clinton’s wedding — this one discussing the breathless media coverage the Social Event of Our Lifetimes has spurred — one outlet stands out as being so over it. Whereas the Daily News is calling it the “Wedding of the Millennium” and TMZ is reporting exclusives about ABBA's inclusion in the wedding playlist, Politico is pretty much ignoring the event. While outlets like the Washington Post are sending multiple reporters, Politico — “known for smothering political stories with swarms of reporters” — isn’t sending any. “We don’t have much planned,” Politico executive editor Jim VandeHei tells the Times, explaining that “if [they] do anything,” they’ll talk to guests after the wedding. Though no one will care at that point: We’ll all be on to the next Wedding of the Millennium.
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper