The Post has searched the globe and found Ruth Madoff, the vitriol-inspiring wife of incarcerated Ponzi-schemer Bernie Madoff, living at her sister's place in Boca Raton and delivering meals to the homebound. Madoff now drives "a 14-year-old clunker," the Post reports, "a 1996 Infiniti with a parking placard in the back seat that reads, 'homebound delivery volunteer driver.'" She's not totally out of the city though (she was recently spotted at Le Pain Quotidian in midtown), traveling between Manhattan and Florida regularly, with "frequent pit stops in North Carolina to visit her jailbird hubby." The Post has determined that she's "seeking redemption," but a free pad in Florida and rewarding volunteer work just sounds kind of nice. [NYP]
Photo: New York Magazine
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode