Simon Cowell told Extra yesterday that not only is the deal to replace Larry King with Piers Morgan on CNN real, but Cowell helped broker it! "[Morgan] was under contract to us on America's Got Talent, so he called me and we helped sort of broker the deal," Cowell told his ex-girlfriend Terri Seymour, a host for the entertainment show. "I knew about this weeks ago." Problematically, CNN's flacks told TVNewser today that "We have not offered Piers Morgan a job, and we are not currently in negotiations with him. We are always open to new opportunities and to various talent who express an interest in our programming. Piers is one such talent, but there is no deal." Of course, "Page Six" recently busted the CNN spokespeople for repeatedly lying to the gossip column ("Page Six" famously keeps a list of publicists in their "Liar's Corner" and will refer to them as "lying flacks" going forward). But even the president of CNN, Jon Klein, told the Los Angeles Times Wednesday that the network is "not in negotiations" with Morgan. So who is lying? The flacks and president of a multinational news company? Or Paula Abdul's friend who is the only person left in the world still rocking a hairstyle that even Kid 'n' Play left behind when the nineties ended?
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 8. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 9. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]