Judge Vaughn's decision on Prop 8 earlier this month would have permitted same-sex marriages to resume in California as early as Wednesday, but a federal appeals court in San Francisco, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, has blocked same-sex marriages in the state until the three-judge panel makes a ruling. The appeals court will begin hearing arguments on the constitutional challenge to Prop 8 December 6. [CNN, WSJ]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!