The hippie grifter, Ashley Anne Kirilow, who is alleged to have raised at least $13,000 in charity money after convincingly faking cancer, has turned herself in to Canadian police. She says one day, if she's not in jail and no longer unemployed, she plans to make enough money to give to charity, perhaps to help her karma, though she also explicitly blames her divorced parents and "miserable childhood" for forcing her to go to these lengths. Kirilow was charged with three counts of fraud and is being held for a bail hearing scheduled for today, facing a maximum penalty of two years in jail, and the rest of her life feeling stupid about all this. [Star]
Photo: The Star
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?