After bursting onto the scene with much fanfare earlier this year, Chatroulette lost its buzz pretty rapidly, retreating into pop-cultural obscurity faster than you can say "tamagotchi." Now, without any notice, it’s gone entirely. The site has been down since Sunday night, with this strange message posted on the homepage: “The experiment #1 is over now. Thanks for participating. Renewed and updated version of the website will be launched shortly.” At this point, it's anybody's guess what "experiment #2" will look like, when it will be revealed, and — most importantly — whether the site's “parade of penises” will be preserved. [Gawker]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?