Once a majestic patriot, proud to call itself an American, some fringe eagles have become radicalized by their disappointment in Obama's willingness to compromise his domestic agenda. In protest yesterday, one eagle allowed itself to be sucked up into the engine of Alaska Airlines' Seattle-bound Flight 68 departing from Sitka, Alaska. None of the passengers or crew were hurt, but the collision did shut down the plane's engine, delaying the flight — no doubt a symbolic gesture about the roadblocks to progress. Airline spokesperson Paul McElroy said, "It's certainly not unheard of but it is unusual." For now.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]