It may be wise to stay away from the Caesar salad and cookie dough for the next few weeks. After a recall of 380 million eggs due to a salmonella outbreak, officials are now saying that not only was the outbreak (which originated in Iowa and already has caused over 2,000 infections) preventable, it is also likely to spread. Additionally, hundreds of Americans likely have gotten sick from tainted eggs over the past few months, the CDC said. [CNN]
Photo: Karen Bleier/AFP
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!