According to a new CNN poll, 68 percent of Americans nationwide oppose the mosque being built two blocks from ground zero, which is why President Obama will probably not choose to make this his latest "teachable moment." Even a majority of Democrats the ones who are supposed to be the politically correct terrorist apologists are opposed (54 percent against it to 43 percent for it). It's worth noting that another poll shows that, among those literally closest to the issue, the mosque has wider support: Manhattanites back the mosque 53 percent to 31 percent.
Photo: Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck