The face of Fox News in the White House, Major Garrett, has decided to leave the network after the start of September. He'll return to print, he said, and the network announced he will be replaced by correspondents Wendell Goler and Mike Emanuel. "Throughout my television career, I've known with certainty I would someday return to my roots in print journalism. That day has come," Garrett said. "I will soon announce an exciting new phase of my career — one made possible in no small part by FOX News’ consistent support. It would take a lot — something near perfection — to lure me away from the best job I've ever had. Details to come." Even though the network has issued statements of praise for Garrett alongside his announcement, this news comes as a surprise. Garrett was really in his stride and had recently been moved up to the front row of the White House briefing room. Still, making that special Garrett-crafted expression of contempt and confusion every time Robert Gibbs answers a question has to start hurting your face after a while.
Photo: Courtesy of Fox News
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!