Sharif El-Gamal, an organizing leader behind Park51, the Islamic community center near ground zero that surely you've heard about by now, has come across a legal issue: He reportedly owes over $224,000 in back property tax on the site, city records show. El-Gamal reportedly failed to pay the site's bills in January and July, according to the city Finance Department, a possible violation of El-Gamal's lease with Con Edison, the company that still owns half the Park51 site. El-Gamal's rep told the Post that the taxes have since been paid, however. But, of course, if it's not the unnecessary protests, or bizarre amount of controversy, it's just taxes that'll get you. [NYP]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?