The world's strangest war-crimes tribunal gets even stranger. Mia Farrow and Naomi Campbell's former agent, Carole White, testified today at the Hague in the trial against former Liberian leader Charles Taylor. Their testimony contradicted claims made by Campbell last week when she said that she didn't know which solicitous secret admirer gifted her "dirty-looking stones." But Farrow and White cry false. "She said that in the night she had been awakened. Some men were knocking at her door. They were sent by Charles Taylor and they had given her a huge diamond," said Farrow, who was at the same party at Nelson Mandela's house that night, adding that Campbell mentioned it at breakfast "before she even sat down." Unsurprisingly for a former Campbell employee, White was also willing to spill. She told the court that Campbell and Taylor were "mildly flirtatious" at dinner, and that "[Campbell] was disappointed because she thought she was going to get a big, shiny diamond, and these just looked like pebbles." Must've been a real bummer.
Photo: Sky News
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!